Making Pole + Aerial Accessible.
Pole + Dance Studios aims to build creative spaces that foster growth, connection, and community among our members. Due to the widening wealth gap, our community risks defaulting to increasing homogeneity, which is scientifically proven to be unhealthy for systems, communities, and creativity.
To combat the effects of the widening wealth gap, we introduce our Studio Give Back Program, which reinvests 10% of Pole + Dance Studios’ gross revenue to fund a variety of discount programs that provide access to needs-based students.
How it works.
We offer a 50% discount* off classes to anyone whose gross income is below $52,000 per year.
• We offer a 50% discount off classes to all secular non-profit employees, public school teachers, and strippers/sex workers.
• We offer a 50% discount* to anyone currently enrolled in an accredited college in the Bay Area.
• We also reserve one Scholarship slot in each Teacher Training for a student who has contributed to our community and embodies Pole + Dance’s values and manifesto.
• Submit the form below and we will get back to you within 4 business days.If any of these apply to you, please fill out our Scholarship + Discount application at the bottom of this page!
*All of the above programs are only applicable for weekly classes and may not be used for series, workshops, or special events.
In addition to putting aside studio revenue to fund these programs, we also accept donations from our community. 100% of your donation is applied to these programs. We can also gift your unused class credits to needs-based students if you move away or are otherwise unable to use purchased class credits.
To apply for any of our programs, you must be over 18 years old. Please fill out the following application to apply. Our programs are anonymous and all personal information is kept strictly confidential.
*These codes are case sensitive and can only be used once we have approved your Scholarship or Discount application and tagged your Bookee account*
- Scholarship – SCHOLAR
- Teachers – TEACHER50
- Secular nonprofits – NONPROFIT50
- Strippers/sex workers – DANCER50
- College students – STUDENT50
Scholarship + Discount Application
Teacher Training Scholarship Program
All Pole + Dance Studios’ Instructors are required to take a Pole + Dance Teacher Training in order to start the process of becoming an instructor. We offer one full scholarship to a needs-based participant in each training.
After completing a Teacher Training, all trainees who want to become teachers will continue the mentorship process; working with our experienced instructors to develop their teaching skills. Once the mentorship is complete, we bring on the new instructor as a paid employee with their own class schedule. Our pay structure is transparent and equitable to all.
Our Teacher Training Scholarship slots are by invitation. Our staff reaches out to recruit current students who already contribute to the community.
We also offer a 25% discount to anyone who has previously attended one of our teacher trainings.